Today I’m sharing instructions for DIY decorated mason jars. They make an easy and inexpensive party or wedding decoration.
The bride whose outdoor wedding was featured on this Wedding Chicks blog post was smart to collect them from family and friends.
You can also paint the insides in a bold color. This pic is from Joy’s Hope. She lists Rustoleum Ultra Cover as her paint of choice.
This pic from apartment therapy shows how white painted jars look with a candle inside.
Take a look at what you already have in your scrap booking supplies.
Lace? Patterned paper? Decorative stickers? Acrylic Rhinestones and Gems ? Decorative Tapes? The options are endless!
Basically, you just need to adhere whatever material your using to the outside of the jar.
Tie it or use adhesive spray.
Add sand inside to set the candle on and you’ve got an inexpensive, unique item for your wedding.
Group them together on a dessert table, guest sign in table or use separately as part of a simple centerpiece.
I’d love to see pics of what you create!
- And as always my calligraphy font, Belluccia, one of myfonts Most Popular Fonts for 2011 ( She stayed on the Best Seller’s list for 14 months! ) is available at : myfonts.com and fontbros.com.
- My next font, DomLovesMary, will be released ( fingers crossed!) mid to late September.
- The graphic shows off some of the cool flourishes that will be available.
- The cake topper is drawn from the original one used by Dominic and Mary Sementelli on their wedding day September. 6- 1953.
- (They were my in-laws who the font was created to honor.)